Distribution & Logistics Productivity/Growth
Industry: Multi-channel mid-size retail
Problem: To remain competitive need to reduce the cost of distribution operations while managing rapid growth.
Mission: Direct the design and execution of supply chain business process improvements to sustain the enterprise growth and add value through supply chain productivity achievements.
- Productivity increase of 23% from redesigned business processes and WMS.
- Double size of distribution while sustaining customer service and productivity
- Saved 5% on renegotiated small package contracts.
- Saved 10-15% on import operations.
- Saved 15-18% with 3PL’s.
- Improve customer delivery cycle time by 2-3 days.
Actions: Directed distribution and logistics for a multi-channel retail operation.
- Led multi-functional teams in business process redesign and business transformation for increased supply chain value add and productivity.
- Planned and executed the design of an expanded distribution center doubling its size while sustaining customer service.
- Led the strategy development and negotiations for transportation services.
- Led the redesign of order fulfillment process for a product segment and the establishment of 3PL service provider.
- Led multi-functional team in the selection and implementation of a new WMS in support of productivity targets.
Return to last page